SNAKEPIT, Stephin Merrit, SQUEAK, Twitter

Here is a preview of the first part of "Archie Snow: Snakepit". You'll be able to read it in Proof #26, which should be out in a few weeks. The final product will be twelve pages in total, four pages in each issue.

The story is easily the weirdest thing I've done yet, I can't wait for you to read it. My Calgary friends might recognize the location.

In other news, I'm getting close to finishing the art for Squeak!:Werewolf!, which is shaping up very nicely. I will post some art from it in a few days. Alex and I are very excited about it, I think it'll be pretty special.

My wife and I are going to see The Magnetic Fields twice in the next week... Once in Montreal (their first show here!) and once in Toronto (with our friend R. Hiro). I found out this morning that a documentary called Strange Powers is being made about Fields frontman Stephin Merritt. I love Merritt immensely and the Fields are my favorite band, so I'm pretty stoked about the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new work in print.

    And... Lucky! I haven't seen Magnetic Fields once in concert, much less twice in a week. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Stephin Merritt four times now, three times with the Fields, and he gets better every time. Super grouchy but technically superb.

    Thank you for the kind words, there will be much to read from me in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete