Let The Right One In


With all the hubbub about that Mormon vampire romance movie thing that opened this weekend, I was exceptionally grateful when Roger Ebert's tepid review turned my attentions instead to Let the Right One In, a different vampire movie making the rounds. His review was enthusiastic, and I was looking for a way to reward myself for all my hard work this week... So, there you go.


It's a really spectacular movie... Brilliantly shot, delicately acted, and very faithful to vampire legends. Plus, since it's a foreign film, you get all the lovely things that a Hollywood movie just can't provide: the people look like real people, the special effects eschew spectacle for mood, and the plot is foreshadowed without beating you over the head with every plot point.

It's one of the best movies of the year. It's also the best vampire movie I've ever seen. I can't believe I didn't know it existed 36 hours ago.

1 comment:

  1. She is a messy eater, isn't she.

    Stop playing with your food young lady, there are starving vampire children in Africa.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete